Visitor count

POEM TITLES

Labels

Search This Blog

A GARAGE SALE BARGAIN poem by carrie neighbors

Garage Sale

THE BARGAIN---by carrie neighbors

Oh Lord my heart just skipped a beat

Its another yard sale sign!

I love to shop for all the treasures

A bargain soon will be mine!

Oh how I love to accumulate these

Possessions and treasures galore.

Who could pass up such a great bargain

That only made me want it more!

As I collect these worthless treasures

That add to all my clutter and mess

Am I overlooking more meaningful things?

Have I missed Gods true righteousness?

All the treasures I gather on earth

Will someday rust and decay

But the treasures I store up in heaven

Will never rot or be taken away.

God’s values and treasures are a bargain

Because they are given for free

Beautiful gifts that add meaning to life

There is no greater a bargain for me!

(Reference Matthew 6:20)
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;

No comments:

Blog Archive