Visitor count

POEM TITLES

Labels

Search This Blog

HOW I WILL BE REMEMBERED


HOW WILL I BE REMEMBERED?

How will I be remembered?
I wonder what I will be remembered for,
When life for me is over,
And I am standing at Heavens door.

My house, my car, and all I own,
Everything thats mine today,
Will not be mine to forever hold,
For it too, will someday pass away.

So what will I be remembered for,
When my life on earth is through?
If not for my possessions,
Then perhaps by the things I do!

The love we share, the God I praise,
The children that knew I cared,
These are the things I would like to be remembered for,
Please remember those times that were shared.

Take all my possessions and cast them away,
for they won't mean a thing,
Remember me for the good I have done,
And all the joy to others I could bring!

The child that I loved unconditionally,
The children that knew I cared,
The child who knew his life mattered,
Because of the time that we shared!

When I am gone and the winds of change,
Have blown down this lonely mile,
If the life of another was changed by me,
Then you can remember me with a smile!

by carrie neighbors

No comments:

Blog Archive